Inspiring Canadians to take responsibility for their financial
Bursary Program Official Rules
- The LiveUp2 Bursary Program is open to legal residents of Ontario only, who are between the ages of 17 and 26 inclusively.
- The applicant must have experienced the death of a parent or legal guardian who had little or no life insurance, and be currently enrolled in, or have been accepted to, a college, university or trade school.
- Committee members or employees of LiveUp2, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and any such employee’s immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win a bursary.
- A minor should have a parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to apply.
How to Enter
- Visit the Bursary Application page between February 1 and April 15, 2018 (the“Entry Period”) and complete and submit the online submission requirements.
- Along with your application, please include an essay of no more than 500 words or video entry of no more than 3 minutes describing the financial and emotional challenges you have experienced as a result of the death of a parent or legal guardian. You must explain how the lack of adequate life insurance coverage (or no coverage at all) impacted your family’s financial situation. Comment specifically on how things might have turned out differently for you and your family if the person who died had adequate life insurance coverage. Also indicate what you have done to provide for yourself and/or other family members because of financial challenges your family has faced.
- Online entries must be received by April 15, 2018.
- All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- Limit one (1) entry per entrant.
- Entry must be submitted in English or French, be entrant’s original creation, be true and verifiable, created solely by entrant, and have no restrictions or limitations on entrant’s right to submit, or Sponsor’s right to use the entry. Entry must be 100% original and not contain third party materials subject to copyright including but not limited to music, video clips, artwork and photos. Entry cannot defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s pre-existing work does not qualify as entrant’s original creation. Entry may not be offensive or inappropriate, as determined by judges in their sole discretion. LiveUp2 reserves the right to disqualify any entry it deems to be inappropriate, offensive or is not in keeping with LiveUp2’s image, in its sole discretion.
All eligible entries received will be reviewed and considered by a selection committee on the criteria of:
- The compelling nature of the story;
- How instructive the story is with regards to the need for proper insurance planning (i.e., how the lack of adequate life insurance coverage impacted the family’s ability to meet future financial goals); and
- The determination of the student to not allow his/her loss to prevent him/her from realizing the goal of obtaining a post-secondary degree.
- Annual Bursaries will be paid out as determined by the selection committee, depending on the applicant’s submission and needs.
- The Bursary award will be paid directly to the student after receiving proof of enrollment.
- 100% of the profits are distributed in Bursaries, which are based on the amounts in the fund at the end of the previous year.
- All federal and provincial taxes and any other costs and expenses not specifically stated herein as being awarded are the winners’ sole responsibility.
- No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of bursary is allowed. All bursary details are at the sole discretion of LiveUp2.
- LiveUp2 reserves the right not to award all Bursaries in the event it receives an insufficient number of eligible entries that meet the minimum judging criteria, as determined by LiveUp2 in its sole discretion. LiveUp2 also reserves the right to reallocate Bursaries from one form of entry (written essay or video entry) to another should it receive an insufficient number of entries that meet the minimum judging criteria, as determined by LiveUp2 in its sole discretion.
- LiveUp2’s and judges’ decisions will be final and binding in all matters relating to this Bursary Program.
- Potential winners will be selected by June 30th, 2018 and will be notified by telephone and/or email.
- LiveUp2’s inability to make contact with a potential winner within a reasonable time period or bursary notification returned as non-deliverable, may result in disqualification and, at LiveUp2’s discretion, a runner-up may be notified.
Use of Entry
- By submitting an entry, the applicant (or, if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees LiveUp2, its member organization licensees and its agents shall own the entry submitted (including all rights embodied therein) and that it and its designees may exploit, edit, modify, and distribute the entry and all elements of such entry, including, without limitation, the names, likenesses, voices and actions of any persons or locations embodied therein, in any and all media now known or not currently known, throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to entrant or any third party. You further grant LiveUp2 the right to allow promotional materials that include your Entry to be embeddable by the public via YouTube or other online video or photo services.
By participating, each applicant (or, if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees:
- to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects;
- to release LiveUp2, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the“Released Parties”) from any liability, loss, injury or damage to entrants or another person or entity, including personal injury or death to participants or any other person or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of entrant’s participation in this program, the use of any entry or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a bursary, and any claims based on rights of privacy, rights of publicity and/or copyright infringement;
- to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any liability, loss, injury or damage related to entrant’s participation in this program, the use of any entry or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a bursary, and any claims based on rights of privacy, rights of publicity and/or copyright infringement and
- to the use by LiveUp2 and its designees of his/her name, city and state of residence, likeness, voice, actions and biographical information for advertising and promotion purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification permission, unless prohibited by law. Should any portion of the program be, in LiveUp2’s sole opinion, compromised by non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the LiveUp2, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or submission of entries, LiveUp2 reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the program and select the potential winners from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submissions. Released Parties are not responsible for printing, typographical, technical, telephonic, computer, human, network or other errors relating to or in connection with the program, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in any program related materials, the administration of the bursary program, the processing or judging of entries or the announcement of the bursary; for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, inaccurate, undelivered, damaged, delayed, garbled, illegible, incomplete or postage-due entries or mail. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to individual’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this program or downloading any materials in this program.